The Symetra Tour is the official qualifying tour of the LPGA Tour and enters its 38th competitive season in 2018. With the support of its umbrella partner Symetra, the Tour’s mission is to prepare the world’s best young women professional golfers for a successful career on the LPGA Tour. Since Symetra’s inaugural sponsorship year in 2012, the Symetra Tour has grown from 16 tournaments and $1.7M in prize money to $3.150M in prize money awarded over the course of 22 tournaments. With more than 600 alumnae moving on to the LPGA, former Symetra Tour players have won a total of 428 LPGA titles.
The Symetra Tour is known as “the Road to the LPGA” and since 1999, it has been designated as the LPGA’s official developmental tour. The LPGA acquired the Symetra Tour in July 2007. A total of 147 women have graduated from the Symetra Tour to the LPGA since 1999.
- More than 600 Symetra Tour alumnae have earned LPGA membership
- Through 2018, Symetra Tour alumnae own a total of 428 LPGA victories
- Since 2013, 10 majors have been won by former Symetra Tour Players
- In 2016, 9 of the top 25 and 55 of the top 100 on the LPGA money list have ties to the Symetra Tour
- Tour graduate Inbee Park (2006) won the 2016 Olympic golf medal in the return of golf to the Olympics in Rio
- Tour graduate Gerina Piller (2010) was the 2015 Solheim Cup hero for the United States and has over 36 career top 10 finishes
- Tour graduate Mo Martin (2011) won the 2014 RICOH Women’s British Open and has 12 career top 10 finishes on the LPGA
Symetra is a financial services company offering annuities, life insurance and employee benefits that help provide security and confidence. We’re committed to clarity and making sure people understand what they’re buying with no surprises.Learn More About Symetra